Acute, Chronic and Complex PTSD: Exploring Their Neuroendocrinology and Relationship to Medically Unexplained Symptoms and EMDR Therapy
Presented by: Uri Bergmann, PhD
This is a 14 hour virtual workshop divided in four modules of 3.5 hours each
Module 1- Friday March 20, 2015 - 9 am to 12:30 pm Arizona time
Module 2- Saturday March 21 -9 to 12:30
Module 3- Friday March 27 -9 to 12:30
Module 4- Saturday March 28 -9 tom12:30
What exactly happens on a neurobiological level in acute, chronic and complex PTSD: Is there a relationship between this unusual neuroendocrine profile and a number of medical disorders of unknown origin which, often, do not respond to traditional symptomatic medical treatment?
If you cannot attend at the time the live presentation is offered, you will be able to watch the archives at your own time. Archives will be available until 4/18.2015
This seminar will review and examine the results of extensive neuroendocrine research relative to these trauma-induced disorders. A major focus will be on those symptomatic disorders of Type I Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Complex PTSD. The data from these research bases will be integrated with neuroendocrine research findings regarding autoimmune compromises associated with chronic trauma. Anomalous conditions, such as Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD), Systemic Lupus Erythematosis, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Sjogren’s Syndrome, and Rheumatoid Arthritis will be examined.
This presentation will clearly illustrate the neuroendocrine and causal relationship between the various forms of PTSD and these medical disorders which have mystified and challenged the fields of psychology, psychiatry and internal medicine. Accordingly, the implications for EMDR treatment will be examined, as well as referrals for medical immuno-suppressive treatment.
Clinical case examples will be used throughout the seminar to illustrate anatomical and neurobiological dynamics. Ample time will be allotted for participant interaction in order to address specific clinical questions of those attending.
CEUs are provivided by Ce-Classes.com
Please contact Jim mason or Ana M Gomez (602) 803-1797 at least 15 days prior to the workshop if you need assistance.
14 CEUs provided by Ce-Classes
Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. Participants print their own certificate after registering at ce-classes.com, entering a keycode, and completing an evaluation form.
Ce-Classes.com is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org
- Approved Continuing Education Program (ACE). Approval Period: 1/5/15 – 1/5/17. (Provider # 1142) Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for the program. Social Workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
- The National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. Provider #6320 Expires 5/31/2017.
- The National Association of Addiction Professionals (NAADAC) Provider #656
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2015
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Continuing Education Provider – PCE 4297.
- The California Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (CAADAC) Provider Number OS-12-174-1114 Expires 11-2014
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2015.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider – 1622 expires 2/28/2015.
- Massachusetts Authorization Number:
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 expires 5/31/2015.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2014 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2014.
14 EMDRIA CE Hours: Ana M Gomez, MC, LPC is a provider approved by EMDRIA. Provider # 07005
14 EMDRIA CEs FOR PARTICIPANTS FULLY TRAINED IN EMDR THERAPY (Part 1 & 2)
EMDRIA Approval #
Grievances and complains are reviewed within 8 working days. If you have a formal grevance please do it in writting. Please expect a response within 10 working days.