EMDR-Sandtray Specialist Intensive program:
Next intensive retreats:
Manchester, VT: October 21-25, 2017
9 hours of online training
40 hours of intensive-retreat training
A total of 40 CECs (EMDRIA CECs). No credits are given for the 8 hours online.
Cost $ 1875 USD: Includes training materials, 8 hours of online training, 40 hours of intensive training and all breakfasts and lunches.
The nine-hour online training and the intensive 40-hour retreat is done in an intimate setting with a limited number of attendees. This training will teach the EMDR-Sandtray protocol in depth and thoroughly. You will receive 9 hours of online training where you will first be guided in creating your own sand tray miniature collection. You will learn about Sand play and Sand tray therapy history as well as the difference between the EMDR-Sandtray protocol and other therapies using sand tray. In addition, clinicians will learn basic principles of ego state theory, Internal Family Systems as well as the structural dissociation theory. Following these 8 hours, you will attend an intensive-week long training where you can practice and receive feedback directly from Ana Gomez the developer of the EMDR-Sandtray Protocol. This training covers in great depth the eight phases of EMDR therapy with children and adolescents and the use of the EMDR-Sandtray Protocol. This is especially useful for children that present with dysregulation of the affective system and require greater distance from the traumatic material. In addition, children that use a number of mechanisms of adaptation such as avoidance can highly benefit from using this protocol. The EMDR-Sandtray protocol offers various levels of distance from the traumatic material: The actual memory of trauma where the self is present in the story, to the general story/world where the self is absent. One of the wonderful assets of sand tray therapy is its capacity to access implicit and right hemisphere material through the use of stories, symbols and archetypes. It is not necessary to have the formal training in sand tray or Sandplay therapy as this protocol has its own procedures and principles rooted within the AIP model. A thorough hands on approach is used, as Ana Gomez will provide individualized support and guidance as you practice in small groups the use of the EMDR-Sandtray Protocol. This intensive training has 8 hours (last day) dedicated to case consultation and case presentations. Once you complete the program, you will receive a certificate given by the AGATE Institute and you will be in our website as a referral source.
Clinicians will learn:
- Case conceptualization skills to use with children and adolescents with complex clinical presentations that may require greater level of distance from the traumatic material.
- Basic Sand tray therapy procedures such as how to set up the sand tray, develop miniature collection, explore the child’s “world” etc.
- To set the various levels of distance offered by the EMDR-Sandtray protocol.
How to develop resources during preparation phase using the sand tray including:
- Safe-calm-happy place
- Resource spots
- The little self-healing place
- To set up the assessment phase honoring the various levels of distance.
To use interweaves within the EMDR-Sandtray Protocol using the Interweave Systems Model (ISM) such as:
- Interweaves directed to meet attachment needs
- Interweaves directed to complete truncated defense responses
- Interweaves directed to reclaim repressed and dissociated affective states
- Interweaves directed to modulate arousal
- How to work with the body while staying connected to the sand tray and the story
- Learn how to work with preverbal trauma
- To playfully do the installation phase and body scan using the EMDR-Sandtray Protocol.
Videos, live demonstrations and lots of pictures of therapeutic work will be presented to give workshop attendees a very tangible and concrete experience
- Full program EMDR-Sandtray Specilist -Level 1- $1875 USD (Includes training materials, 49 hours of training, and all breakfasts and lunches)
- 9 hours of online training
- 40 hours of intensive-retreat training that includes 8 hours of case presentationss
- A total of 49 hours of training!
A total of 40 CEUs (EMDRIA CEUs). No credits are given for the 9 hours online.
EMDR Basic Training Level 1 & 2
CE Information- 40 CE Credits
APA: EMDR Institute, Inc., is approved by the American Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. EMDR Institute, Inc., maintains responsibility for this program and its contents.
NBCC: EMDR Institute, Inc., is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider and may offer NBCC approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The EMDR Institute solely is responsible for all aspects of the program: Provider #5558. An application has been submitted to the appropriate agency regarding continuing education credit. Approval pending.
RN: EMDR Institute, Inc. is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 9755.
BBS: For California the course meets the qualifications for continuing education credit for LMFT, LPCC and LCSW as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Approval No: PCE270.
SW: EMDR Institute, provider #1206, is an approved provider for SW continuing education by the Assoc of SW Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. EMDR Institute maintains responsibility for the program. Social workers participating in this course will receive 35 clinical continuing education clock hours.
Please contact the EMDR Institute 831-761-1040 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information about continuing education for social workers. (SW boards outside the state in which the training occurs may or may not accept transferal of units depending upon individual state board policy.)
40 EMDRIA CECs -Ana M Gomez EMDRIA approved credit provider # 07005
EMDR Basic Training Level 1 & 2